However, your best resource is your veterinarian, who best knows your pet’s health history, behavior, nutritional needs and personality.
IF YOU HAVE AN EMERGENCY: contact the Blue Pearl Pet Hospital, which is open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. They are located at 4706 New Horizons Blvd, Appleton, WI 54914. Phone: (920) 993-9193.
Check out the Best Friend’s Pet Care Library, which includes preparing your pet for a new baby, finding pet-friendly housing, what to do when you find a stray or your pet is lost, and many other wonderful topics: https://www.bestfriends.
• Cats need enough boxes: rule is 1 litterbox per cat, plus 1
• Cats do not like to use dirty litterboxes
• Many cats do not like scented litter or when you change litter brands (if you do, do it gradually by mixing old with new)
• Do not change the location of the litterboxes• Size of box should be appropriate for size of cat (larger cats need larger boxes with higher sides or covered boxes!)
• If kitty does not like current kind of litter, consider an alternative litter (often healthier for you and your cat!) Some litters include: wheat litters (Sweat Scoop), corn litters (World’s Best Cat Litter, Poulty Layer at Fleet Farm), newspaper litters (Yesterday’s News), pine litter (Feline Pine) – mot of these are better for your health and the environment, are flushable and have very little dust!
• If problems persist, a health issue could be behind your kitty not using the box; please consult your veterinarian.
The Facts About Ringworm Infographic
Download the Facts About Ringworm and Cats handout as a PDF here
Vonnie offers assistance to help you understand why your cat behaves the way he or she does and how to change problem behaviors. Vonnie is a Certified Veterinary Technician who has been involved in animal care in veterinary clinics since 1993. She offers phone consultations, cat selection consultations and home visits by appointment. She can be reached at 920-720-0678 or email@example.com.